Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Thursday, 15 April 2010

Yummy Lunch!

OK so I haven't got any crafting pics to post today, I was out most of yesterday. Simon and I rarely get to spend the day together and when we get the opportunity I grab it! So Grace, Simon and I set out to go out to lunch and we then went to a very tiny village inbetween Stratford and Evesham to visit a lady who is helping with something to do with our wedding - a pair of horses and carriage! We met Elsie and Sally, 2 beautiful draught dapple greys mares who are gorgeous, very friendly. They were original born in Romania and used to pull hay carts etc and were then brought over to the UK and have the most amazing life now. So we met them, chose what colour carriage we'd like and then went to Broadway for a look around and drove up to Broadway Tower - on a good day it says you can see over 13 Counties!!! (It was lovely and sunny although a little hazey).
Anyway lunch was incredible! We found this gorgeous Bistro serving a mix of Italian and English food. I had the yummiest tartlet of rocket, sun blush tomatoes and vale of Evesham brie! It was gorgeous. Simon had fish and chips and the fish tasted amazing, very light crispy batter and melting fish, was delicious!
I've added a pic of the tartlet as I thought it looked so good! We were naughty and had pudding, I had this gorgeous chocolate pot, it was divine! The Bistro had only been open for a week but the owners already had 2 restaurants,we met the chef who is Italian and his wife and they were both lovely.
Today mum and I have been sorting out more bits and pieces for the wedding and I'm picking up some flower smaples tomorrow from our florist. It's all coming together now and I'm beginning to get excited, I think it's finally sinking in that its happening!!!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley, I am so jealous !!!! I think David and I will have to get married all over again just to have Elsie and Sally pull our carriage, we could only afford a very small wedding, we married at home with 20 people attending, you must be very excited x Your lunch sounds d'lish AX

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!