Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Sunday, 8 August 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I had such a busy day yesterday, I managed to get quite a lot of the house cleaned (finally!) and we managed to have a lovely night out despite a shakey start, Grace understood more than what we thought when we were talking to Simon's sister Julie, we were just saying what time we'd be back and Simon started saying good bye etc and Grace got upset! Was stupid really, we should have just slipped out quietly! Grace was fine after a few minutes and she was as good as gold and went to sleep within minutes of her Auntie putting her up to bed! It was her first night with someone coming over to our house to look after her for the night and I was so relieved that everything had gone well. We had a wonderful night, was so lovely seeing so many people that we hadn't seen since our wedding and others before then. Henry and Rachel were both really enjoying himself and had a lovely day. The house where they had their reception was gorgeous, it was an old rectory right by the Church in a beautiful little village the other side of the hills. It did us both good getting out for a few hours.

This is a card I made a couple of days ago (I know I'm on a roll aren't I?!) It's for my sister and her husband. I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. It's definately true what they say, the older you get the faster the years go by! It's got worse since we had Grace, time seems to have whizzed by since we had her!

I made the card using a sheet of Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie PP I think I've sold out of this one but I do have other designs still available, they're all gorgeous and are great for cards - you can find them HERE.
I used a piece of Bo Bunny Double Dot Wild Berry Ribbon in 3/8", heavily inked the edges with a gold ink pad and put a straight stitch around the edges. I also used a sheet of Co-redinations CS and sanded the edges to reveal the pink through the centre. I matted the pattern PP onto som Basic Grey Blush pink PP. Wild Berry Double Dot CS would have gone well with the PP too. I finshed the card by adding a pair of gold hearts, I had these left over from making their invitations and stationery last year and thought it would be nice to use them again.



I hope you're having a great Sunday, it's a quiet one here, I might even get some more cards made! xXx

2 comments:

  1. I love these papers Hayley I think I just might have some stashed away!!! Your sister and BIL will love the card :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley, thank you for your comment and for 'finding' my blog! Love your cards by the way! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!