Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Monday, 30 August 2010

A lovely day!

Hello, I hope all my friends in the UK have enjoyed the Bank Holiday. I've had a bit of a lazy day, I'm still not feeling 100% and woke up this morning with tummy ache and still a bit of a sicky feeling, I've felt rather tired all day (long gone are the days of being able to sneak back to bed thanks to a gorgeous 2 year old that really wouldn't be impressed!!) Grace isn't quite back to normal either, she didn't want any milk or breakfast this morning and only ate when we got to my parents' house this evening!!! We went around to my Mum and Dad's house for a BBQ this evening and it was lovely! They only live about 8 miles away which is lovely. My Dad is a BBQ-ing genius (having lived in Cyprus (and Germany)) he's very into BBQ-ing and they're quite famous in our family - he loves all his greek spice blends and my mum makes the most amazing honey and pineapple marinade which is delicious! Yum!! I'd forgotten how much my tummy had shrunk from being ill and have eaten too much so am now feeling a little uncomfortable!

I meant to post last night to say that Lisa one of my fellow Lovely Ladybugs is holding a Ladybug themed challenge and giveaway (eeek) so why not pop over to her blog http://mess2magic.blogspot.com/ and have a go!!

Another of my Lovely Ladybug friends is also having a giveaway and is hoping to get as many people as possible to produce a teal themed card for an Ovarian Cancer Charity. Sue is giving away blog candy (some of which is sponsored by myself and Queen Ladybug Kerry at LCI) and is producing teal coloured cards (that's the chairty's ribbon colour) to sell to help raise important funds. Please pop over to Sue's blog http://suesassortedramblings.blogspot.com/ to get the details and help!!

OK onto today's card... I know I was going to post my last audition card for the Lovely Ladybugs but Queen Ladybug decided to post a card using the papers from the same collection as I had used and Sue, my fellow Princess Ladybug has used the papers and stamp that I used LOL!!! Great minds were obviously thinking Bo Bunny Jazmyne today!! Sooooo this is a card I made last night for my Dad who's Birthday is on Friday. (I stayed up until 1:30 last night/this morning finishing it!) I laughed so much when I came across this stamp, it's perfect for my dad!! (I hope!)
Crafty Ingredients:
Bugaboo Digi Stamp - New Truck (and sentiment)
MME Little Boy Blue Papers
Bo Bunny brown button
Twine
Bo Bunny Aquamarine Double Dot CS
Button from stash
Scallop punch
I don't know where I got the green button from, I think it was in a sale pack somewhere but I thought it matched the paper with the curved diamond pattern perfectly (of course that was all down to my excellent planning rather than luck - ha ha!!) I love these papers, they're still some of this years favourites and they're all still in stock CLICK HERE

I'm so excited (I think it's a little to get excited excited though lol!!) Kerry is sending us out first LCI stamps tomorrow for our first challenge and I CANNOT WAIT!! My mind has already been dreaming up ways of producing a card for the challenge and I think I might have to make a few as I have several ideas!!! Well at least I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed lol!!

Right that's it for me, I need an early night (not that I'll probably get one mind as I have several things I need to do yet). I've got to see whether I can get my hair done either tomorrow or Wednesday ready for a party on Saturday night. Oh and I have my monthly crop I go to tomorrow night too, more fun and giggles me thinks, I don't really get too much done but I have so much fun whilst there!!

Oh one final thing... there's still time to save 10% off all orders over £20.00 and 15% for all orders over £50.00 - check out the website for the codes http://www.funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk/ the offers finish tomorrow!!! :D
Nighty night
xxx3

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun image and that sentiment is priceless!! love those papers too, the colours match perfectly with the image
    Glad you had a lovely day- and thanks for the mention. I have just been making something for Sue's Ovarian cancer TEAL theme
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO - LOVE the image and sentiment; oh so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for giving a not so suble plug for my Blog Candy/card for charity... it's fantastic that so many people are giving their time to support this charity card drive

    I lurve this card, MME papers are right up there with Bo Bunny with me, and I keep looking at the Bugaboo stamps, but haven't got any... yet! Glad I'm not the only one that has been paper shifting in advance of our first DT challenge :-)

    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this card. It is sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, your card made me laugh out loud - he's super! I hope you are feeling better now Hayley :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you LOL! Hope the shoulder op goes really well pud, never rains but it pours heh? Cards are lurvely.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!