Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Friday, 27 August 2010

Sickness!

Hmpf, it happpned and I had been dreading the day. I caught a sickness bug and was very sick yesterday/last night! :( I was not a happy person. I was so sick through my pregnancy with Grace right the way through. I got terribly dehydrated with kidney infections and was in and out of hospital rather a lot - nothing stopped it and after I had her I said if I was ever sick again it would be too soon, so you can maybe understand why with just over 2 years since having her I was so sick I was not a happy person!!
To make things worse Grace has been very poorly (I seem to be forever posting that!) Bless her, she's had a terrible ear infection and we had a nightmare experience with a doctor which led to more stress and will have caused her infection to have been worse too. Poor Simon has had 2 of us being ill for the last 2 days. I've been completely wiped out and am shattered now and a little hyper having had my first coffee in 2 days!
Thankfully no sickness today and Grace is responding well to the antibiotics which is a huge relief!
My post today is of the feature I'd mentioned previously and never got around to posting. I produced this layout for Scrapbook Magazine - it is in issue 48 which is still the current issue. I'm sorry the photo isn't that great, I must have taken it at night as the light is reflecting (I'll try to remember to take a better picture). I had so much fun producing this layout for Scrapbook Magazine. I always feel rather proud to see something I've created published! This particular layout was for a "Scraplift Challenge" I had to produce a layout for readers to "scraplift" and use their own stash to replicate the layout I created, the magazine then publishing readers' layouts based on my creation in subsequent issues, I'm looking forward to seeing what people have come up with. For this layout, I had to keep things nice and simple so that beginners could follow the design easily too. I was rather pleased with the colours and I adore these papers - Wild Raspberry by K & Co, I thought they suited a Summery theme nicely!

I shall be back tomorrow with a much more exciting post! Night night xXx

Oh blimey I nearly forgot!!
I'm running 2 special offers from now until 31st August 2010. You can save 10% on all orders over £20.00 with the code: augustbankholidayten
and for all order over £50.00 you can save a massive 15%!! Just enter the code: augustbankholiday15
I hope these codes help - happy shopping!! Xx

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the magazine article :-) looks a fab LO, hope it gives lots of people inspiration

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article looks fab ... i bet you "whipped" up lots of inspiration!
    Hope you will be feeling much better tomorrow and cant wait to hear your news
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww you're making me laugh Lisa, it's all this whipping!! x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!