Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Saturday, 7 August 2010

Something a little different...

I was busy making cards the other day and I have a list of new baby cards to get through (all girls!!) and wanted to make something a little different and got thinking of popular things on baby cards and what I'd received after having Grace and thought about cute elephants. I adore elephants, I find them fascinating so knew I'd enjoy making an elephant card. I got to work drawing out an elephant shape and made the elephant shaped card.
I then covered her with patterned papers - these were by DCWV, I don't usually by DCWV but was given these papers and they'd sat in my cupboard waiting to be used, there's some pretty ones in the collection. I made a flappy ear by scoring about 5mm from the edge and using double sided tape just to the one side. I only made a tiny tail but had the idea that using some fibres and scrapbeads to make a tail would be fun. I added some gems and different paper to make the elephants feets and toes and also jeweled her trunk! I finished by adding a button for her eye and tied a bow around her trunk - think I might change the ribbon as it's quite floppy! Let me know what you think!
I hope you like her, she's off to Australia!! A friend has had a little girl just 3 days before her eldest daughter's 2nd Birthday :) July is going to be a very very busy month for them.
I'm off to a wedding reception this evening and need to get cracking making a card (I know I'm pushing it lol!) I managed to get the image coloured up last night so it's just the card to make, I've chosen the papers - and that's the thing that usually takes the longest!
I also have a house to clean... it's got a little neglected the last week with Grace being poorly! So I have a very busy afternoon ahead! I managed toget another complete card finished yesterday and also part of the wedding card underway... more tomorrow! xXx

2 comments:

  1. Awww! How cute is that elephant - brilliant idea for a baby card. Hope you had a great evening Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Hayley...you're very clever! I love the tail...great idea :-D Which reminds me...aren't you supposed to be submitting an application for something??? xx xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!