Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Sunday, 5 September 2010

Busy Weekend

Wow!! What a busy weekend I've had! Not much time to sit around and relax as such! Friday Grace was still rather poorly so we had a quiet day at home, Simon watched her for me in the afternoon for a few hours whilst I went and had my hair done, I've had about 5/6 inches off!!!!! It was very long before and now it sits on my shoulders, it's layered a lot so it's got lots of shape whereas before it was long and cut straight. It's cut just beneath my face around the front so quite short in comparison to what I'm used to! It feels so much better though, I had some highlights put in too. We managed to go and see my Dad late afternoon as it was his Birthday, he liked the card I made for him from Grace and Simon & I.
Saturday, Grace was getting much better and we took a trip up to a large garden centre which has an aquatics department, we bought Dad some fish for his Birthday. My Mum and Dad had Grace stay with them on Saturday night, I was a little concerned about whether to leave her or not as she still wasn't 100% but she was fine, she had a lovely time and slept until 9am this morning!!! She was so ttired this afternoon too that she had a nap on the sofa (we're battling over day time naps at the moment!) Simon and I went out to a friend's Birthday party last night, we had a lovely night, greeted with a Pimm's reception and the most delicious food, a HUGE variety of scrumptious handmade desserts (which were amazing!) and then a spread of cheeses and to top it off handmade chocolates!!! We were fit to burst afterwards! We had a good old dance and then cosied up around a fire. We were absolutely pooped though and decided to call it a night at around midnight, we were shattered - I guess the last week or so has been rather mentally exhausting, Grace is getting better though each day and finishes her medication tomorrow again so fingers crossed!
I cooked the most delicious roast chicken dinner this evening, including some fresh carrots pulled from my veggie patch, they're my first ones of the season and were delicious, so sweet and the seemed to "melt" they were so tender. Oh and my butternut squash has lots of flowers and the beginnings of the squashes are showing too YIPEE!!!!
Onto today's card... I made this for my niece who shares her Birthday with my Dad! I hope she likes it! I have some much needed housework to do tomorrow and several orders to get packaged up ready for posting tomorrow afternoon. I have several deliveries due this week of gorgeous new stock! It's going to take rather a long time to add everything but it'll be worth it, I'm so excited!!!!
Crafty Ingredients:
Bugaboo Elephant Stamp
LCI Birthday Sentiment
Imaginisce Birthday papers
Hot Pink Double Stitch ribbon (available to buy online at FF)
Pearl pink cardstock

I added some gloosy accent to the balloon and glitter to the balloon and cloud.
Oh and here's a pic of my dining room table this evening (needless to say we didn't eat dinner at the table tonight!!) I think I need to clean!!! (At least it's clean mess!)
That's it from me tonight, I'm off to bed, I'm pooped!! Night night and I hope everyone has had a great weekend xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hayley, your card is adorable. I love that little elephant and your coloring is perfect. Love the gloss and sparkle on the balloon. I'm so glad your little Grace is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. That elephant is so cute! Glad Grace is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hon, can't wait to see your new *do*...and all that yummy new stash in the store!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure we will get to see the new hair doo...won't we lol. Glad your little girl is on the mend, its always worrying when they are sick. Must check out that shop of yours when you get the new stuff uploaded. Love the card, really sweet image and gorgeous ribbon.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hayley - adorable! I have that image - must do something with him (her?!!). Saw your comment on Linda's blog re twins, I got this set from Elzybells - they are closing down so it's 60% off! Take a look here..

    http://www.elzybells.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=1256

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley - your roast dinner sounds scrummy ! Love the cute little card
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, although feeling rather smug as (shock horror!!) I can see my dining table :-) Re your question on Kerry's blog about twins stamps - only had to do one and I masked my baby image up and stamped it twice, seemed to work ok and saved buying a stamp for the 1 in 100 that have twins :-) Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sue's idea! You could also do that with stamping two sets of baby clothes too!

    Re: the ribbon on my post, it is Doodlebug stitched grosgrain - the fabric is just gorgeous! It's old stock but Creative Making still stock it at only £1.50 a pack...

    http://www.creativemaking.co.uk/shop2/index.php/cPath/103_155

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!