Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Feeling a little...

...TEAL!
Hello! I finally got my teal card finished this evening (YAY she shouts jumping up and down!!) I've not had much trouble making a card recently until this card!!! I wanted to do a good job with this card as it's for a good cause - Sue (One of my Lovely Ladybug DT team mates) is gathering as many cards as she can for a sale to be held for Ovarian Cancer - the chairty ribbon colour is teal and so every card being made needs to have a teal theme! Oh great I thought to myself, no problem!!! Ha ha (those famouse last words!) Firstly I had a dilemma with the colour, could I find some nice teal coloured papers - NO! I eventually found some I liked and wanted to use (a lot of my stash is rather pink which I blame on Grace lol!!) Then I thought great, I had an idea of a layout in my mind so got busy last night, to then find out my sewing machine really didn't want to stitch through lots of layers... my sewing machine nearly took several trips across the dining room (not that I lose my temper!) So I gave up last night and thought, tomorrow is another day and I will be in a better frame of mind and my sewing machine might have pulled itself together a little! So, I had to start the card again (other than the image with thankfully remained useable). I did change the papers slightly and I'm glad I did!!! I added the glitter paper which is by MME to the paper I had originally started using yesterday (October Afternoon). I'm reasonably pleased with it, but I'd like your honest opinions ladies!!! Oh and please take a look at Sue's blog (Click here) - there's still time to make a card and it's for an excellent cause!

Crafty Ingredients:
Wellies Robyn (LCI) - I promise I'll use a different stamp for my next card!!
Happy Birthday Sentiment - LCI
MME Paper (glittered) not sure what collection (I think it's Laundry Line)
Daydream - Patio Umbrella (October Afternoon)
Bo Bunny Double Dot CS - Aquamarine & Turquoise
Bo Bunny Aquamarine DD Ribbon
Glittery Spots (Stash)
Pearls (Stash)

I doubled up the 3D foam and added another umbrella, I also lined the umbrella and rain with glitter (You've gotta have a bit of sparkle!) I added a couple of pearls to her raincoat which I think look rather cute. I found these glittery dots in my stash and thought they went rather well, I added 3 to the top right and bottom left corners!
Sooooo, what do you think!?!?!!? Honestly?

Still no deliveries!!! I have a feeling they're going to arrive all together and I'm going to be surrounded in new papers and other goodies, I can't wait to reveal what I've been ordering!!!
Hope you've all had a great Tuesday! x

6 comments:

  1. I am loving it Hayley - that umbrella looks fab 3D'd ( is that a word?) The ribbon is gorgeous too
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty, Hayley. That ribbon is so pretty and I love the umbrella popped up like that. And, of course, everything needs a little sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful teal card! I love you background DP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute, cute card; love that image and all that sparkle - FABBY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, the colours are beautiful and I love the little sparkly trim on her umbrella.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hayley, thank you so much, love the image, and the papers are gorgeous, love the ribbon too xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!