Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Hee Hee - It's finally here Ladybug Crafts Ink FIRST BLOG HOP!!! WHOOP!

WOW!!! It's Ladybug Crafts Ink's first ever blog hop and I feel very very honoured to be a part of it!

First thing is first you should have arrived here from GAELLE. If you haven't arrived from Gaelle's blog then please join in the fun of the blog hop and start with KERRY (Ladybug Crafts Ink's creator!)

The purpose of our first blog hop is to celebrate the DT's first projects made with a Ladybug Crafts Ink stamp - Mermaid Nikki!!! We've been jumping up and down with excitement waiting for today and now it's finally here!!! I hope you'll join in the fun and celebrations with Kerry and her fantabulous DT!

We were given our first challenge to use the MERMAID NIKKI stamp and create away!! I haven't seen any of the other cards by the DT or Kerry so I'm jumping up and down with excitement waiting to see what my Lovely Ladybug friends have come up with too!

OK so here it is... this is what I have come up with eeeeeeeeeeek.....
Soooooo what do you think???
I used some Swimming Pool CS as my base, then used a circle pattern SU stamp to make my patterned paper. I then layered 2 different turquoise colour CS and added my Mermaid Nikki image on top!

Mermaid Nikki has been coloured, glossed, her tail 3D'd and glittered!
I then added a length of Bo Bunny Turquoise Double Dot Ribbon and tied this in a knot.

I then added layers of different coloured CS cut into seaweed shapes added copious amounts of glitter dust, beautiful beads and glossy glittered spots to the seaweed and also a few placed on the card.

Take a look below at some of the detail...


This is Mermaid Nikki's glittered and glossed 3D tail! I added a dusting of glitter for her eye shadow too!
You can also see the detail of the patterned paper I made - I used a Brilliance ink pad trio to create this effect.

 
And finally you can see the glittery and beaded seaweed!
*** I've put one last pic in - the seaweed



I had soooooo much fun (although a little bit of a stressful time personally) making this card! Our DT of Lovely Ladybugs is awesome and we've had so much getting to know each other, bonding and producing our first blog hop!

OK so now onto another fun part!!! PRIZES! There are a few things to do in order to win one of 3 prizes (a stamp from the Ladybug Crafts Ink range of gorgeous stamps!)

Firstly you need to be displaying the Ladybug Crafts Ink Blog Hop BANNER on your own blog (see the top left of my blog - you can copy it and add it to your blog - quick!)

Secondly, you need to visit each of the DT's blogs in order and comment on their Mermaid Nikki card post. Starting with Kerry.

Thirdly, after you have finished the blog hop, leave a comment at Kerry's blog

Lastly - there is a LADYBUG hidden in one of the DT's blog posts. HINT - He/She is in one of the DT's photographs of their card!!! (for this Mermaid challenge)  You need to find the hidden Ladybug and email Lisa (our fabulous coordinator) at lisa.coe@btinternet.com and tell her where the hidden ladybug is!!!

3 Lucky winners will be chosen at random from a DT member's blog!
The hop starts today and finishes at Midnight Sunday 19th September (UK time). The winner will be announced on KERRY’s blog on Tuesday 21st September - GOOD LUCK and most importantly HAVE LOTS OF LADYBUG FUN!!!

I guess you'll be wanting to know where next to go on your travels.... next on the blog hop list is LISA!!! Have fun!!
Lots of Ladybug Love and Hugs
Hayley xXx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges please:








46 comments:

  1. Its so beautiful, love how you have 3d her.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty Hayley...you stressed for nothing lol! I love the colours you've used and your seaweed is fab. The little beads are a lovely touch and blend perfectly. Thank you for your gorgeous card Hayley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley. The seaweed with the beads looks amazing, I never would have thought of doing something like that! Lovely. Pamix

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Hayley - wow its fab! Just look at her tail! .. Love the seawed too.. a really petty and imaginative card . Great stuff!!
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she is stunning!! loving the seaweed aswell! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card great how you have done the seaweed and love her tail.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, love the seaweed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh amazing card, Hayley! Love that decoupage! And the seaweed is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Hayley!! how much work did you put into this card!! FABULOUS!!! love the seaweed, love her tail, love her 3d tail, love her colours and finally but not least love the dots in the corners!! all round i'd say loads of LADYBUG love for your card!!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your seaweeds! And I really need to learn how to use my sewing machine, because I love the effect on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments!! I'm off now to the next stop - Lisa's!
    I haven't got very far in half an hour - oops!!
    She took I'm guessing (whilst trying to work out in my head) almost 4 hours to make my start to finish but I'm so please with her, I think she's worth it and Kerry definately is :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card - I love the glossy tail and your bejewelled seaweed is brilliant - much nicer than the real thing!!! Hopefully this time the computer will register my comment properly

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE all of the glitter on your card and the beads really add a great detail. Gonna have to copy that mermaid tail sometime. Gorgeous card from every angle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your attention to details is wonderful,her tail is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card! love how you created a underwater scenery.. very creative!
    thanks so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp Challenges this time and I hope to see you again :o)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glittery/sparkle seaweed - YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??? That's the coolest thing EVER! So love your card, the 3D dimension, sparkle and gloss - you rocked this one girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you've done the tail and the pretty seaweed too one image azand so many different looks, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hayley, this is a Stunning card, your stitching is brilliant and I just love the mermaids tail. Beautiful work. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Hayley, I love the way you sparkled and glaze Nikki's tail -- it's beautiful. The seaweed you added looks great too. Beautiful card. Now you can go have some coffee lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card I love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great card - love the 3D tail and the seaweeds .

    ReplyDelete
  23. very pretty! love the 3d tail and seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card, the seaweed is a lovely touch x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this card is great!!!! I really love how you have brought it all together Hayley. Well done!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, beautiful card Hayley - love how you have done her tail, and the stamped backing, and the seaweed (how did you have the patience!!) Absolutely stunning Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the stamped paper and the glittery tail Hel x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous! The seaweed looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. The seaweed looks stunning and the glaze sets the tail off a treat,Brilliant! Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's amazing how everyone starts with the same image but manages to make something totally unique. So far, I think yours is my favourite. :o)

    Julie (elysia2003)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Hayley, your card is stunning! I love the way you've made the seaweed, great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. How cute is this card, love the ribbon waves...thank you for playing along at stampitcrazy challenge...www.stampitcrazy.net Barb

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is too cute, love the colorful tail and the beaded seaweed is a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the tail! but love the grass!! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for u r information

    its very useful

    ReplyDelete
  36. ohhh my...the dimention, colors and over all design is way cool....not to mention all that stitching...fabo!!!

    thanks for joining us at Stamp It Crazy...

    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG! I absolutely love it.Fantastic job. Thanks for playing at StampitCrazy. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow wow wow...a superb job you've done hayley!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sweet card! I love the sparkly seaweed you've added.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  40. hI hAYLEY LOVE THE CARD ESPECIALLY THE SEAWEED i CAN'T GET ON LINE WITHOUT PROBS SO WILL HAVE TO TAKE A CHILL PILL KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AX

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning! Love the colours and the stitching. The seaweed looks great!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  42. fab card, I love the seaweed and her tail!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love it! The seaweed is a great idea nd I love the beads on it to make it even more seaweedy. I love the mermaid tail too - looks great 3-D'd
    Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely stunning card, so much thought and time! Love the seawood and the 3D with gloss too. Brilliant....

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW, this is AMAZING!! I just LOVE how you've done the mermaid's tail:) Thanks so much for playing along in our girly challenge at STAMP IT CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!