Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Thursday, 23 September 2010

Hurry Hurry!!!

Well, I've had a very busy week so far (well we're nearing the end now - again!!) Grace seems to be on the mend thankfully and she has now gone for 4 days without a temperature which is a huge huge relief, it's so lovely to have a happy playful little girl back again. We've been busy having tea parties, feeding her "Smeggy" (her moo cow cuddly friend), been out and about doing her favourite things and seeing friends which has been lovely. Monday wiped her out - I think we had too much planned but I'm just so relieved to see her better and enjoying herself again :)

I was asked last weekend if I could make 20 Christening Invitations for some friends who are having their little boy Christened... a week on Sunday!!!! So we popped over to see them, came up with a design and this is what I came up with -

They chose what colours they wanted, the ribbon, card and we chose the image (gosh trying to find a stamp suitable for a Christening in a couple of hours was rather stressful!). Thankfully Kerry at LCI reminded me I could emboss an image rather than stamp and colour and I am so thankful she reminded me of this technique as I'd forgotten that was an option!!! Thank you Kerry :) 
 I think they went really well, I started them Tuesday night and finished them this morning! I got  a phonecall tonight to say they were both thrilled with the invitations and that they were "more than they could have hoped for" which was so lovely. I added 3D foam pads onto the title piece to lift it off the card a little. I love the ink colour - it's one of my favourites. I don't think the photo really does the invite justice.
Crafty Ingredients:
Penny Black - T for Transparent Set - Bundle of Joy
Splash Bazzill Basics CS
Blue Dazzle Ribbon
Blue inkpad (Versa)
Embossing powder - Silver Pearl

So that's it from me! Lots to get done - hope everyone is having a lovely week :)
xXx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley - wow you have been busy .. i bet they were thrilled with their invites.. they are delightful. The little image looks fabulous embossed . I love to emboss its like magic lol
    So glad seems to have turned the corner too.
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with these, well done for getting them done in such a short time, I haven't done any embossing in ages either. Great to hear Grace seems to be on the mend too Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I took my first stamping class we did the huff technique which I hated but for the last 10 minutes they brought out the gun...the heat gun and I was hooked!! Now I hardly ever emboss which is a shame because it looks lovely. Well done getting them all finished Hayley..now you can concentrate on TLT lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear little Grace is picking up again. Wow to your christening cards, great job!!
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the color combination. But I don't really see the details of the stamp on the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card - lovin' those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hayley. So glad Grace is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hayley, glad to hear Grace is on the mend xx you have been very busy and I love the card, I love embossing, it's like magic, I find a few of my horsey cards benefit from this technique AX

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!