Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 21 September 2010

It's TLT - Totally Ladybug Tuesday!

WOW - What a week!!! It started with a high (although a little stressful) but what an amazing first blog hop The Lovely Ladybugs put on for our Queen Ladycow (I mean ladybug) Kerry! We had so much fun and loved reading your comments, they were so lovely, thank you all very very much!!

We're having a weekly challenge for the DT to take part in. This week is Head Ladybug Kerry's choice and her challenge was called "Pink plus 1" - I'm amazed one of our DT HATES pink!!! (and she has a little girl, I think that's the bit that surprises me more as having a little girl myself, you can't avoid pink!!) I know everyone has their own preferences and personal likes and dislikes and that's what makes us all special :)

I knew what colours I wanted to use (and I think far too many great minds thought alike!!!) I shall be putting up a link to the other Lovely Ladybugs in the sidebar (If I can get it to work - I might need help lol!)

Anyway, onto today's challenge... My pink plus one is green! I chose my FAVOURITE LCI stamp - Wellies Robyn! She's gorgeous and the reason why I love her so much is she reminds me with gorgeous and completed Wellies obsessed little girl Grace!!! She loves her wellies!

So here's my card...

Crafty Ingredients:
The gorgeous Wellies Robyn - Ladybug Crafts Ink
Happy Birthday Sentiment - Ladybug Crafts Ink
Emma Burlap CS - Bazzill
Kiwi & Tutu Double Dot CS - Bo Bunny
Berry Preserves (both sides) - MME
Addi & Emma Papers - Crate Paper
Prima Pearls
Pink Double Stitch Ribbon
Twine (Prima E Line flowers at bottom of card)

I thought this might give a better indication of how the card is made - I used a technique of rolling pieces of papers to create some depth and a different look. I then wrapped twine around them and knotted the twine. I sat the matted image onto the rolls of papers and added some 3D foam to just help hold the image up.

I tried something different with Robyn's umbrella - I added spots of green and glossed just the spots! I added some flock to her bow and doesn't every girl wish she had a puddle like this to splash in!?!? Lashings of mandatory glitter - lovely!!!

So there we go - this week's challenge - mission complete!! Soooooo what do you all think!?!?
You can buy ALL the papers and pearls, ribbon, cardstock, stamps etc from Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn You can also view the complete range of stamps at Ladybug Crafts Ink

I have another reason to be happy about, yesterday was the first full day in (1 day short of) 4 weeks that Grace hasn't had a temperature - could this mean the antibiotics are finally working?! I'm keeping everythings crossed. She slept from 8 through to 9:30 this morning!!!! We've been getting up at 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6am recently and it's really run me down, so much so I got a horrible stye on the inside of my eyelid, it was so painful :(
On another positive note though I had an order for 20 christening invitations, I'm part way through, they were a bit last minute order, I have until Thursday to get them made, thank goodness we didn't go for stitching!!!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges please:

My Time to Craft - Kids At Play

Simon Says Stamp - Move It (for Robyn splashing in the puddle!)

Secret Crafter #101 - Anything Goes 

Wild Orchid Challenge - Ribbon & Bows (for the ribbon on the card and bow in Robyn's hair!)

A Spoonfull of Sugar - Anything Goes

OK, I think that will do for this post! Have a great Tuesday - don't forget to stop by Kerry's blog to see her post and the other Lovely Ladybug's creations!!! Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!
Hayley xXx

16 comments:

  1. LOve the card Hayley .. the glossy dots on the umberella are fab!
    Love the velvety bow too...and the rolled paper with twine is a great look.. must remember that
    Great work again
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the rolled papers. Another thing I have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Hayley! I love the shiny spots on the umbrella and the flocking on the bow. Ruby is colored perfectly and I love the sparkle you've added to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley, how lovely and cute she is!! I love the glittery rain! The rolled up paper is a great look. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great card; I love all the details - that glitter is fabulous. What a unique layout, I really, really like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper attention to detail, Hayley! Gorgeous all round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh its so gorgeous Hayley!! Love the rolls of paper, great idea (might have to borrow that one) and love how you glossed the little spots!! So glad to hear little Grace is temperature free today, fingers crossed it stays that way, no wonder you are all worn out!! Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rolled papers and what you did with the raindrops!! So pretty!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your stressing was worth it Hayely...another gorgeous card. Love the flocked bow :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card :-) The image is adorable and the colours and papers you used are fab ,,,love all the sparkle too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Hayley, never seen the mini rolls of paper done before - or I've been wandering around with me eyes closed :-) looks fabulous though. Love the Pink and Green papers too, and Robyn looks such a star splashing through those puddles Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink wellies! My daughter had Barbie pink wellies! She loved those wellies, lol! Great card Hayley. Roni :O) xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hayley love the card, Robyn is just too cute for words AX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Hayley forgot to say the paper rolls are just great Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card :) Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!