Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Wednesday, 1 September 2010

A smashed shoulder!!!

OK, I better get to the reason for my title today and the explanation... As most of you know we live on a farm belonging to Simon's parents. They breed and sell cattle (for beef not milking) and sheep. Yesterday Simon's dad was at Ludlow market and went to check the lot number for one of the cows they were selling there and a very nasty cow came up behind him and bunted him from behind and knocked him flying to his side. A friend was with him and they said he went blue. Kingsley (Simon's dad) can't recall what happened completely however he thought his pelvis may have been knocked out (he'd had this injury in the past). Simon took him to the doctors today and he went to the local hospital to have x-rays to check his body for injuries, as it turns out his pelvis appears to be very badly bruised however his shoulder has been "smashed" and he's to go to the county hospital tomorrow "nil by mouth" to see the consultant who we're told is more than likely going to admit him for surgery to plate his shoulder back together!! The poor man must have a very high pain threshold to have gone for a day without getting it seen. We took Grace up this evening to see him and she took him around the farm on a walk (one of her favourite things, she loves taking him outside for walks!) which gave us chance to nip out and get a few things in the event that he is admitted tomorrow.

I went out this evening (a little late) to the crop I go to each month, I love going, I have a few hours "off" and can just sit, relax, talk, drink coffee and eat yummy grapes and biscuits and laugh away, I had "face ache" from laughing within minutes of being there!!! I do enjoy the crop and the ladies there are wonderful, so welcoming and chatty, it's a small group (there were only 4 of us this evening) I didn't actually achieve anything crafty today, however I did order some new SU goodies, a set of stamps, clear and coloured buttons and some more twine. I can't wait to get my new stash! I'd left a roast chicken cooking with Simon with instructions of how to finish it off and wasn't expecting great things when I got back but everything was cooked rather well when I returned (a little late - oops!) phew and well done Simon!!

Onto today's card... This is the final card I made for Kerry at LCI for my LCI DT audition! I changed my post last night (this was due for last night's post) as Kerry had posted a card with these papers and Sue my lovely Ladybug friend and team mate had used the papers and the stamps for her post, we'd only gone and done it again and I posted my card last night and Sue used the papers from the collection for her post tonight!!! Talk about great minds and good taste ;)
I love Martini Nikki, such a classy and sophisticated lady! And I love love love these papers (and clearly I'm not the only one lol!)
I glittered her blouse, martini and eye shadow, a lady needs sparkle! You can buy all the products to make this gorgeous card from my online shop.
Crafty Ingredients:
Martini Nikki (LCI)
Bo Bunny Jazmyne Papers: Mist & Symmetry
Double Dot CS: Olive & Boysenberry
Natural Lace
Jazmyne Buttons & Bling
Petaloo Box Daisy Blends Flowers
I was so pleased with how this card turned out, I knew Kerry loves purple and green and couldn't resist using these papers for a card! I hope you enjoy it and have had a lovely day and have a great day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to post tomorrow, I better get a card finished but for now, it's bedtime! Nighty night Xx

9 comments:

  1. LOL, Love the fact that we are swapping papers on a nightly basis... if you can just email me and let me know what you are posting tomorrow so we don't clash again it would be marvellous :-)
    Love these papers and you have used them so well :-) Glad you had a good evening and came home to a cinder free dinner :-)
    Much love to HB's dad for tomorrow, ouch indeed! Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love these colors and that lace is YUMMY!! Great layout too! Best wishes to Simon's dad too! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Kingsley, hope everything goes well. Love your card, no wonder the papers are popular, they are very lush!! Excellent card for showcasing those fab stamps.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Simon's dad is better soon! Beautiful card, I think I should use glitter more often on my own cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your FIL is back to full health soon Hayley :-D

    I love this card for all the obvious reasons...the image heehee and the gorgeous papaers. Yes great minds do think alike Hayley & Sue! You can never go wrong with a bit (or a lot in my case) of glitter Gaelle. That was one of the conditions of your contract lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hayley, omg! hope Simons dad is better soon, love to Grace and well done on being chosen for the DT, great work as always AX

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my godness - poor FIL... sending hugs his way for a speedy recovery.
    Love the colours in this card - and of course the popular papers.lol
    Martini Nikki is also one of my favourites ..( mind you think i will be saying that about them all lol)
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. URGH.....so hate to hear about your Simon's dad!!! Praying all goes well, keep us posted!

    LOVE the card - adorable colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Hayley, I hope your FIL is feeling much better soon. That sounds very painful. Your card is gorgeous. I also love this image and you've colored it beautifully. Purple and green is one of my favorite color combos for cards. And of course I love the sparkle lol!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!