Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Thursday, 2 September 2010

What a day!

Well actually, what a week!! I mentioned Grace has had a nasty ear infection, well she'd finished her course of antibiotics and guess what... within 24 hours she was very sick again, with sickness, a high temperature and pain. We took her back to see a doctor at the hospital and she has a different course of antibiotics, I'm really hoping it knocks the infection on the head. I feel so useless and it's so upsetting to see her so poorly all the time. I just don't know what to do. I'm hoping something happens/someone suggests something at her next appointment, at the moment I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and just feel so helpless :(

Anyway, that's my reason for the lack of a post yesterday. I managed to get this card made today although I coloured and planned it last night.

As a warm up for my first DT challenge with LCI, I saw a challenge on a  blog and thought I'd give it a go! I'm a bit annoyed at the photos though but I think I'll retake them tomorrow and repost the pics. I was really pleased with how the card turned out and I LOVE these papers!! They're for sale on my online shop however the manufacturer images really don't do the papers justice which is a real shame as they are gorgeous and the reverses (and most of the fronts) are perfect for cards with very pretty and subtle patterns! They're the Crate Paper - Paper Doll collection. I have the full collection available to buy online - CLICK HERE

It took a long time to make this card! They do seem to take longer and longer lol!!

I used glossy accent on the umbrella and of course mandatory glitter :) You can see the lovely detail to the papers on the pics!
Crafty Ingredients:
LCI Stamp: Wellies Robyn
Bo Bunny Double Dot CS: Kiwi
Crate Paper - Paper Doll papers: Emma, Olivia Grace, Addi & Katie
Double Stitch Pink Ribbon (also available to buy at FF)
Buttons, Brad (Stash)
Twine
Bazzill Emma Burlap CS
Prima E Line Flowers (available to buy online at FF)

OK let's see if this works - ha ha!!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges please:

Alice in Wonderland Chapter 28 - Little Girl Theme
Aly's Sunday Sketch - Pretty In Pink
Crafty Cardmakers - Glitter & Sparkle
One Stitch At A Time - Challenge 28 - Girlie
Creative Inspirations - Green, Pink & Cream theme
Paper Play Challenges - In Stitches

I think that will do for my first go!! :)
Nighty night everyone
xxx

19 comments:

  1. Great card, love all the stitching, Robyn is such a cutie :-) Hope your little cutie feels better soon - hugs to you all Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your stitching and the flower shaped buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card hun, just love your colour combo
    Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. Hope your DD is feeling better as each hour passes - poor ol' thing... sounds like she is having an awful time of it.

    Adore your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley, your card is so cute. Wow, that's a lot of sewing, girl! Robyn looks so adorable with the added sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!

    Thanks for joining us in the Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers, and for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Check back at the OSAAT site on Saturday for a new game with a prize to be won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Card is cute and very girlie. I love the image, and your colours.
    Great Job!!!

    Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At The Time this week. Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, love the colors, and image are so cute. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw poor Grace, hope she is better very soon sweetie. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the image, LOVE the glossy umbrella - so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very girlie, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great girlie card.
    Hope Grace is feeling better ?

    Thankyou for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck !

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope Grace gets well soon. Love your card and the touches of glossy accents and glitter. Thanks for joining us at O.S.A.A.T this week, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how cute your card is! Love the puddle you accented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Hayley, colours are great, hugs to Grace. Still fighting with my PC, sent it off to PC doc so hopefully posting soon AX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card hun, Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Lovely thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations x x x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!