Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 26 October 2010

TLT! It's that time again!

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe yet another Tuesday has come around soooooo quickly! This week we were set the challenge by the Lovely Ladybugs Guest Designer for the month Ang. Ang has been with us for October and I hope she's enjoyed herself!
Ang set the challenge of making our own patterned paper! (Michele and I both said, "oh we did that for our mermaid cards can we use them" ha ha ha - no chance!) (Although we were only joking)

I had a clear image in my mind of what I wanted to create - and still have that finished card in my mind!!! I couldn't find 2 of the things I needed and started to panic a little because I had this picture in my head and no other ideas... so I thought to myself Saturday night " pick a stamp, pick colours and and find a stamp to make my patterned paper" and off I went! This is my interpretation...

I used the adorable Catflap Magnum (I felt guilty having picked Buttercup last week so couldn't not use this cute little guy and he's soooo cute - for a cat!)

I was inspired by the beautiful colours our in the fields at the moment, all those war yellows, oranges and reds - very Autumnal (except today is grey and miserable!)

Everything went together so well for this card!
I used 2 different stamps to create the patterned paper. I used a rusty red ink to stamp over the Honey Mustard CS, and a gold and bronze ink to stamp on the Coffee CS.
I heat embossed a layer of stamps with a glittery gold powder and then added another layer of bronze ink over the top. At the top of the card I used a bronze ink to the corners.
Materials you will need:
Catflap Magnum (LCI)
Honey Mustard, Coffee and Paprika Double Dot CS (Bo Bunny) - Funky Farm
Burnt Orange Double Dot Ribbon 5/8" (Bo Bunny)
Grass stamps
Gold, Bronze and Rust Inks
Glitter gold embossing powder

Make sure you check out my other Ladybug friends Cards, I'm off to do it too!! (You can find their links to the right of my blog)

Have a great Tuesday!! x

13 comments:

  1. Hi hayley - just flabby! or should that be flappy lol I love that image and the choice of background stamp is brilliant!
    I think the whole card is splendiforous!
    Lisa ;)
    Ps - what is WAR yellow?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've embossed on top of that dotty paper, Hayley! I gotta get some of that DP!

    Gorgeous colours and that ribbon just gives it that little lift - special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh another lovely card, love the shoots up the bottom and the stamp you used is perfect!! absolutely beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley its just gorgeous, love the stamp you used for your background papers!! It words perfectly again the dark background and works perfectly with Magnum!!
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the background paper you made Hayley...gotta get me some of them stamps! Gorgeous card...colours lovely and warm :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley. I love the background paper you have made, its so beautiful and it looks so good with Magnum! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those wild flowers! Looks like Magnum is trying to get out to a field!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hayley, your card is gorgeous. I loooove the way you've stamped your background paper - it's so pretty. And Magnum and that ribbon look flabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooooooo how beautiful is that background paper - WOW!!! Love your coloring of magnum; love the red bricks; fancy those!

    Great job sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card Hayley!! Love how you've made the dp look! Hugs, Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Hayley, perfect colours for the season, and great choice of stamp to go with Magnum, love it Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Hayley this is lovely. You made a great job of making your own patterned papers and I love this image! This is one I'll definately be ordering off you when I home next!
    Have a great weekend
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously cute! And especially appropriate for us Americans who just stuffed ourselves this past few days for Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!