Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 19 October 2010

TLT Tuesday and Some NEWS!!!

OK so it's that time of week again, it's TLT!!! I have yet again had a rollercoaster of a week but actually managed to get my card for this week's challenge all finished, photographed and emailed to head Ladybug before 10:30 this morning (unheard usually but after me being outed last week for emailing my card at 11pm Monday night (I did have a reasonable excuse mind!) I thought I'd better improve my lateness as I always seem to be the naughty Ladybug that's last to send her pics (I can't help it and have to think of everything possible for my project, plus I have a poorly little girl and a business/family to run, horse to exercise etc)

Anyway onto this week...

First.... this week's exciting news!!! Our Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge Blog is being launched TODAY!!!!!!
http://ladybugscraftsinkchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ CHECK IT OUT at the link!!!! We are all sooooooo excited and cannot wait for the first challenge!! I don't think we'll be able to sleep the night before! LOL!

There's more news!!! To celebrate the launch there's blog candy to be won!!
Check out this gorgeous candy!!! I love that cute Magnum and Lily image and those embellies and ribbons are yummy!!

So what do you have to do to  be in with a chance to win this lovely candy I hear you ask?!!?
Well firstly add this banner to your blog...
Secondly, become a follower on the blog - easy peasy!
Thirdly leave your name with Mr Linky - Simples!


So onto this week's challenge, gosh I am sooooooo nervous as this week it's my challenge!!! Let me tell you the feathers of some of the Lovely Ladybugs have been well and truly ruffled this week (and the weeks leading up to it!!!) (Picture hens in the hen house getting all ruffled about something - that's the image I have in my head!!)

Anyway - I decided to go with something a little different as a lot of my ideas had been taken so I thought "why not do something "different"" ha ha!!!

It's called:   Cats V Dogs in a Shabby Chic and/or Vintage style!!!
I cannot wait to see what everyone has come up with!!
Here's my attempt (no pressure lol!!)

I chose the gorgeous Buttercup (how could I resist her and I was saving her specifically for this challenge!)
And I went down the predominantly Shabby Chic road (although a lot of the elements are the same/similar to create a vintage look)
Don't you just love Buttercup's kennel?! I added 3D foam pads to make it look as though she really was peeking form inside! The stamp is called "In the Doghouse" - poor Buttercup, I'd love her lots :)

I chose pretty English Country floral papers, white washed green cardstock, white cardstock, used lots of pink and smoke blue inks, stitching which I then picked to make it look shabby! I ruffed up the papers a little to make them look worn and found this beautiful green lace! I even papered some of Buttercup's Kennel!!
And this is the finished piece!!! I added handmade bunting and some pink pearls to help finish the look. I embossed pink/silver pearl ink/powder.
You can give a home to Buttercup by clicking HERE
Sooooooo, I'm dying to know what you all think and I can't wait to see what my other Lovely Ladybug's have come up with!!

That's it from me for today. xXx


11 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like you had the other girls in a bit of a flap. They all look fantastic though! I love the card, great colours and shabby chic look. Like the decoupage too. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunnalicious Hayley! I {heart} this image of Buttercup...the colours you've used are gorgeous. The bunting is so cute and something I've never done so maybe I'm just gonna have to case it lol! Well done Miss Ladybug :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Hayley. Love your gorgeous papers and that image is now on my wish list.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNAP!! You've got brilliant taste, lol! Wow, shabby chic is definitely your style! Love it! Must do more of that ripping technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful, love the papers and love what you have done with Buttercup!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweet colors... and the paper on Buttercup's "house"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fabulous card - I LOVE the 3D - so dimensional and so flabby. Excellent my friend, excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Hayley. No wonder you picked this theme...you are very good at this technique. Buttercup looks adorable and I love how you popped up the doghouse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asolutely full of gorjossity and then some Hayley!! I love the softness of this card ... and the 3d Dog kennel is exquisite.
    LOve the unting too.. lets face it i just love it ... Bring on the next!!
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done an amazing job with this card Hayley, love the soft worn colours and it all looks amazing!! Well done you for setting us such a great challenge Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK now i'm freaked out! Small world, so am I! The Moorlands mean anything to you?

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!