Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Time for TLT - This week it's Sue's Challenge!

Hello! Another week has been and gone, my goodness, before we know it Christmas will be upon us (not that I mind because I love Christmas and it's even more lovely now that we have Grace, there's something magical when Christmas involves children!)

This week's challenge has been set by Sue and the theme for us Lovely Ladybugs is Christmas Sparkle!

I've had my idea planned in my head for a few weeks now, I knew which stamp I was going to use, the colours etc. Time has been in short supply this week and I've not been well either. Anyway, I loved this challenge and had great fun producing my card!

Here it is....
I used the beautiful Graceful Skating Ruby (LCI) - I kept colouring to a minimum and just coloured her face/skin/hair, a touch of grey on the mountains, the cute bird and her clothing.
I added blue glitter to her hat and coat, sugar coating glitter to the ice, stickles to the mountains and trees and glamour dust to Ruby's wings - LOTS of sparkle!!!
I used Bo Bunny Double Dot Cardstock in Powder Blue and Dark Denim (there are 5 shades which I'd recommend to use together and all are available HERE they are Frost, Powder Blue, Slate, Dark Denim and Shadow)
I also used some gorgeous epoxy dots and Swarovski by LCI (here) and some gorgeous new Snowflake Trim by May Arts (here) I also used this beautiful soft and shimmery ribbon which I thought was perfect for the theme!


I hope I've done the "sparkle" justice! Remember to take a look at my other Lovely Ladybugs blogs too and leave some Ladybug Love!!! Also check out TLT's Challenge blog and play along with this week's challenge!

That's it from me for now. Hope everyone is well! xx

13 comments:

  1. I love that stamp Hayley - and the fur trim on Ruby's coat and hat looks gorgeous !
    Flabby ribbon... so luxurious
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I absolutely LOVE that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, I LOVE that ribbon!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful; LOVE all that sparkle but I gotta say I REALLY LOVE that ribbon! You and your love of ribbon - LOL; this is truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley this is gorgeous. I love that image and the sparkle is just perfect. Really love that gorgeous ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley this is soooo gorgeous, love the image, love all the sparkle and that frosty ribbon!! have been thinking about little Grace. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally flabby, Hayley!!! I adore your card! You are the Queen of ribbon!!

    Let us know how Grace is - {{hugs}} (you can never have enough of those)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooh! Hayley this is beautiful, love the ribbon
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you've used Hayley and that ribbon!!! OMG...it's just megamazing :-D Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have done the Christmas Sparkle challenge justice - I LOVE the colours, but I ADORE the ribbons (esp the big blue lovely shiney one!!) Hope you have a less stressful week hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hayley it is so pretty!!! I absolutely love the colouring, and the image and your bow .. and ... ok I could be here all day! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hayley, hope you are feeling better and little Grace is looking forward to Christmas X LOVE THE CARD!!!! the ribbon is just beautifuland I especially love her coat trim, keep up the great work AX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, I like this image of Ruby, and I like the blue color you used, and the glittered details!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!