Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 30 November 2010

TLT! Our Guest Designer's Challenge!

OOOOOoooh it's Time for TLT again and what a treat we have for you today at LCI's challenge blog

This week's challenge was set by Caz, our guest designer for November Caz has caused a little ruffle of feathers this week and asked us to use the colour wheel below...

We had to pick our favourite colour (in my case this was er.... pink) and then choose the colour opposite this and use that colour to create our card. My only problem with that green was my other favourite colour!! LOL! I did start a green card but will keep that for another time, I didn't think it was fair to make a card using another colour I really loved so I had to get my thinking cap on. I knew I'd got some gorgeous yellow polka dot paper by Crate paper - Snow Day Mittens which I'd been eyeing up for a while... to use with my most favourite-ist stamp by LCI.... I know, I know but I couldn't resist Wellies Robyn! She just has this way of looking at me and saying, "I'd look great in yellow... please" LOL!

Doesn't she look gorgeous in yellow!? I used some Bazzill flock to stitch around the edge, something I'd seen my Lovely Ladybug friend Mary J do and I thought I'd give it a go as it always looks stunning on her cards. I used some prima e-line crystals and some gorgeous Bo Bunny Double Dot Cardstock in Buttercup the ribbon is also available at Funky Farm.

The sentiment is also by LCI, how sweet is the bubbly 2!? LCI has an offer on for December too, buy one stamp, get one half price perfect for Chsirtmas pressies!

I glossed Robyn's brollie up and what card wouldn't be complete without glittered rain!! Oh I just love her!

I hope you'll take the time to check out my Lovely Ladybug's blogs too (see the right hand side) and also click the link above and go to the challenge blog and take part - you never know, you might win!
That's all from me today
xx

13 comments:

  1. Snap! I had to use yellow too {screwed up face} but I must admit Wellies Robyn looks FLABULOUS in yellow Hayley! I love the spotty paper and must have a look and see what else is in that range. Your stitching looks great but don't know how you can be bothered lol. Really gorgeous card Hayley :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Hayley - Ruby looks fab in yellow ..so cheerful .. reminds me of a yellow raincoat i had as a child .. i loved it!
    Well done
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! You did well with your yellow card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hayley - I LOVE IT; those big ole polka dots, flabulous bright, cheery yellow and the glossy accents on Robyn's umbrealla - it's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you're right Hayley...Robyn does look flabby in yellow. I love that paper and the glossy accents that you added to your image are perfect. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley its just gorgeous, so bright and cheerful and perfect for a second birthday. Think I might have struggled with yellow as well as the lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinkerooney! That image is perfect with yellow! so lovely Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! love the papers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Hayley, another yellow one!! She looks so cute, the colour really works well!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect stamp choice for yellow papers (love your choices!) Fabulous for a second birthday card, and amazing colouring too Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hayley love yellow wellie Robyn, she is so cute. Hope you are well and coping with the weather!!!!!Grace must be getting excited about Christmas AXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY, HAPPY birthday sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Hayley, I love the image (another for my wish list!) and those sunny papers are lovely. I really like her glossy umbrella!
    How's the snow looking? I hope it thaws a bit as we are coming home next weekend and the kids are going on the Santa Special at the Severn Valley Railway...we went last year and were delayed by an hour and a half as the points froze....it was milder than this then!
    Hope you are well
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!