Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 18 January 2011

TLT - Anything But Square

Good morning!!!! Gosh I'm trying to sound nice and bright! I had an insanely busy day yesterday, this time of year always stresses me out a little, mainly because of my tax return needing to be filed! Thank goodness it's all finished and filed now! Woo hoo! I also had a 5 card project waiting to be finished ready for posting today too, I stayed up late last night (morning) and finished that too, the creative juices were most certainly fowing yesterday, I managed to finish the card I'm about to show you today, make a Birthday card for a wonderful friend of mine and finish 3 of the 5 cards! Grace spent her first night in her "big girls" bed last night, we'd ordered her a single bed in November (it's gorgeous!) and it finally turned up yesterday, she'd been in her cotbed from October/November but I think it was too narrow as she is a very active sleeper! She was fine last night, I lay her old matress on the floor next to her, "just in case" she managed to fall out and for my peace of mind but all was good :)

Wasn't last week's Baby Blog Hop so much fun!? I loved it and the new range of stamps are gorgeous!
So onto today's challenge! This week, Lisa set the challenge of anything but square... hmpf. I do like my square cards, I think it's because they're usually the easiest to make and look nicely balanced but I do dabble in other shaped cards (cupcakes, rectangles etc) so it wasn't too bad for me - poor Kerry doesn't really do anything but sqaure hee hee!
I used Martini Nikki for my card and this one will be flying up to Scotland hopefully later today to go on a Kerry's trip to LA for the CHA!!!!
Doesn't she look gorgeous!!!! I loved these papers but have never used them, they're MME Laundry Line, they're glitter coated and the colours are beautiful. I took the photo yesterday evening so it's not the best because of the flash but it's much nicer IRL.

I'm really pleased with how her sparkling shirt turned out, the colour is lovely. I added a sapphire swarovski crystal too.

I have another very busy day today, my sale over at Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn is in full swing, lots of people after bargains, lots of orders to post out! Early night for me tonight (ha ha, I wonder is I could make it into bed before midnight?!)
Have a good day! xx

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous Hayley .. love that sparkle and the papers are delicious
    Hope you don't work too hard today and manage some chillaxing time like Martini Nikki lol
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I absolutely love those papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just gorgeous Hayley, loving all that sparkle, definitely always reminds me of Kerry lol. Hope wee Grace is keeping well now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hayley she's gorgeous! LOVE the sparkle!

    MME is my ALL-TIME favorite DP; love everything they make!

    Hope you are all feeling better; hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Hayley. You've got Nikki looking gorgeous with all that pretty sparkle and I love those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Hayley!! Loving that paper! And I love how Martini Nikki just looks fabulous in glitter!! Hope you have had a good day today. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sublime, Hayley! Those contemporary colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Hayley! Love the papers and the image is one of my favourite Nikki's, fab sparkle too :-)
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing sparkle Hayley! So you're saying that the papers are already glittered??? Gotta get me some of that when I find a minute or 5 :-D Flabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the card and love how you have coloured Nikki! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love her glittery top!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!