Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 4 January 2011

TLT - We're Back!!!

It feels much longer than it has actually been!!! I've missed TLT so much over Christmas and New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all well for 2011. In some ways 2010 was a wonderful year for me and my family, we got married and spent the most wonderful day with all of our friends and family, Grace was Christened on the same day which made it even more special, I did my first ever retail show which was an eye opener but I loved it and am doing the same show again this year but BIGGER! In other ways thought, it's been an awful year. However, it's time to move on and one of my resolutions is to put the past behind me, move on and be positive (for all those who know me I tend to worry a little!) I'm hoping my business continues to grow, I love running Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn, I've "met" (well I have met Kerry) some wonderful customers/friends through the business and getting the lovely emails/comments etc after receiving an order is lovely, it makes my day knowing I've put a smile on others' faces especially by delivering crafty goodies!!! I have a few other things up my sleeve too but they'll keep for another time...

This week at TLT, it's an anything goes theme so why not pop along to our challenge blog and have a go, you can use any stamp this week to be in for a chance to win!!
My post this week is a little special. The card I've made using Wellies Robyn is for an incredibly special and brave little girl - Lucy. She's 8 years old and is the daughter of a friend of ours. She's been poorly for some time and just before Christmas she went through very major surgery. Lucy is the bravest little girl I know. I wanted to make her a card to wish her well. Lucy is obsessed with pink and anything sparkly - my kind of girl! So Wellies Robyn accompanied by some of my favourite papers, extra glitter and sparkly gems were perfect for my project this week!

I hope you like my card, I am really pleased with it, I hope Lucy will love it too and it puts a smile on her beautiful face!


I added sparkling rain to the card along with a glittering glossy umbrella (I did borrow that idea from Kerry; my Birthday card was made using the same stamp and Robyn had the most incredible umbrella!) I picked some gorgeous pink dazzle ribbon and pearly and sprakling brads to help finish off the card! I also added 2 swarovski crystals to Robyn's coat to help finish it off!

So what do you think?!?!

Oh we have a surprise too for this week. Pami is now officially a Lovely Ladybug!!!! I am sooooo excited, I did a little happy dance a few days ago when we found out! I hope you'll all welcome Pami to our lovely team! Welcome back Pami!! xx

One last bit of news - well it's a big bit LOL!! We're having a BLOG HOP!!! Next Tuesday at TLT, be there for 9am sharp please! May the fun commence!! We're celebrating a new release of stamps by ladybug Crafts Ink so add the date to you new diaries!!

That's it form me, have a wonderful day
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow I love it! Those papers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy will love it Hayley .. she is such a cute that Robyn and papers and pearls are just perfect
    Happy new Year to you all - hope its a healthier year for you all
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hayley, fabulous card, love the glitter and bling and the ribbons and brads are just perfect :-) Happy New Year to you all Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! I love your papers and colouring and layout - just everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Hayley, I love the layout and the ribbon held with the brads like that (I might pinch that idea!) And all the glitter is wonderful, she will love it. Thank you for welcoming back!! Am so excited about it!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so gorgeous and sparkly and perfect for that little girl Hayley. Like your outlook for the new year, the past is the only thing we can't change so onwards and upwards:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hayley, love the ribbons and the gems xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Hayley. Your coloring looks fantastic and I love those papers you've used. And I always love the sparkle lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooooo love this image; you make it look amazing every time you use it! Love the sparkle!

    Lasagna was GREAT!! :D

    Hope both Grace and you are feeling much, much better!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Hayley!
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas? We were meant' to be back on the 19th Dec to take the boys on the Severn Valley Railway but we got snowed in here so it never happened! We came back over New Year instead and did the Panto to make up for it which was great. I thought about putting an order in before we came so I could have picked it up but the time just disappeared, still thanks for the email...i will look forward to seeing the postman!
    Your card is BEAUTIFUL I love th papers and the layour and the sparkle is just perfect, i'm sure
    Lucy will love it!
    Which retail show are you doing? Is the one at the Three Counties on again this year?
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, the layout is beautiful and I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy's gonna love her card Hayley. It's full of gorjossity and sparkle...my kind of card :-D The colours are bright a cheery and I'm sure will put a smile on her face. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh Hayley, I just LOVE Robyn and all that glitter on her umbrella is AWESOME. Ya know a girl's gotta have her bling! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!