Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 15 February 2011

TLT ~ Mary J's Challenge ~ Anything But A Card!!!

Morning everyone!!! I hope you're all well and had a wonderful week! I have been so busy this last week. Lots of gorgeous new stock to add to the website (see my post below!) new stock to order and decide on - gosh these are hard decisions as I usually want everything LOL! And the regular jobs too!

Thank you all so much for entering my challenge last week!! We had some wonderful entries and it was lovely to see some non-traditional love themed projects there too!!!

We've a bit of news to share with you this week:


Join us next Tuesday for LCI's fabulous new releases and to celebrate, we're having a BLOG HOP!!! I love blog hops, they're so much fun!

Anyway, onto this week's challnege and the lovely Mary J set us the challenge this week to make anything BUT a card.... *gulp*!! When I initially saw this I did panic a little but then thought I'd make a scrapbook layout which I do do a lot of... then back in January it was a good friend's Birthday and I wanted to make her something special as she's very much into handmade items and altering things around her home to suit her own style! I bought a couple of CD tins from Head Ladybug Kerry a while back and wanted to use one to make a notecard set for my friend, she's always sending little notes with things so this was perfect! I'd asked her to clarify what her favourite colours were - white, pastel blue and baby pink and knew instantly which papers to use and what stamp too!!

Here's what I came up with....


This is Flower Ruby all coloured and glittered up!!! How stunning does she look with her pastel blue and glamour dusted wings!? And her pretty sparkling dress! The image is inked around the edges with Pixie Dust VersaMagic - I love these inks!!

This is the front cover of the CD tin! I used some gorgeous rolled up cardstock flowers and finished them with some pretty Swarovski crystals that I also bought from Kerry! I used smaller crystals around the edges.

Inside the tin are these 6 beautiful notecards I made! I used some Bazzill (Emma) and the gorgeous papers from MME (Mary Mary) which are in the sale and selling out fast! I added swarovski crystals to each card in a different way for a bit of variety and used the LCI sentiments "Just for you" and "Just a Note" to finish them off!

You can see the crystals and detail more here

My friend was thrilled with it and very touched I'd made her most of her present, I must say, for my first attempt at a CD tin I was very very pleased with the results and so happy that she liked it!

Have a wonderful week everyone, I think I might have another post later in the week...
Take Care and "Thank you" Mary J for a wonderful challenge!!
Hugs
xxxx

PS - Think I must have forgotten to schedule this... (silly muppet!) It had saved a draft but I must ahve gone to bed without posting it... Sorry!! xx

I'd like to enter my project for the following challenge please:



8 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a notecard box with all cards using the same color scheme as on the box! Beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hayley, what a gorgeous project, I love it. Fab colours and loving the bling. Brilliant just brilliant. (Can you tell I like it?!) Thanks for your kind words over at mine too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley its absolutely gorgeous, love how you have coloured little Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Haley, those are awesome; love little Ruby and LOVE the bling - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it!! Fabulous Hayley, am going to do one myself now! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Hayley, these are beautiful. I love the dp and they make such a wonderful gift. I know your friend had to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hayley honey! This is AMAZING! Really love their fresh and feminine look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Hayley, this looks beautiful, love the image and I'm not surprised your friend was delighted :-) Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!