Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 29 March 2011

TLT - Make your own flowers!

Gosh, another week has been on gone, think I blinked and missed it!
I'm suffering at the moment with laryngitis (I think... again!) so I'll keep this short and sweet!
I had great fun with Amanda's challenge thinking of all the possibilities I could come up with for making my own flowers but decided to make this:

I decided to team Ruby with my favourite colours green and pink along with some of my favourite papers right now - My Mind's Eye - Stella & Rose! These are some of the Hazel 12 x 12 textured papers and they are DIVINE!!!! I love love love them!
For my flower, I chose some Bo Bunny 3/8" double dot ribbons (in Coral and Sage) and sewed them together to make a flower. I then used some of the papers that I used for the base card and made two leaves which I rolled slightly and stuck down with foam pads. In the centre of the flower, I cut a flower from the papers and added a brad just to hide all the messy bits! I'm very very pleased with the results and think the colours suit Ruby!
I don't think you can see in this photo but I sprayed with Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists - inference red (pink) onto the pink papers and leaves, it really glimmers and catches the sun - B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Please take a look at what my other stunnalicious teamies have come up with - http://ladybugscraftsinkchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ and head on over to the challenge blog so that you can take part!!! Have fun!!
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Hayley - the flower is so clever and the DPs luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh HAYLEY .. i think you have been over doing it .. hope your laryngitis clears up soon.
    Take care xx
    As soon as i saw that flower i said "wowzer" its fabarooni and just oozing with gorjossity
    LOve the colours
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Hayley! The flower is flabby and my favourite colour combination as well!! Hope you feel better soon honey. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley its just gorgeous, love how you made your ribbon flower, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Hayley; smart thinking to use the ribbon to make the flower - brilliant! Love the papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley, sorry to hear you're not too well at the moment - hope you have a speedy recovery. Your card is gorgeous and your flower is stunning - clever idea to cut out one of the paper flowers for the centre and your leaves are terrific. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That ribbon flower is great! Plus pink and green is such a nice combo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ribbon flower Hayley! I have never seen that type before so might just be copying that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Hayley. Those papers are gorgeous and your flower is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayley, this is so, so pretty, I really love the colours too. Glad you finally have broadband back. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!