Welcome to Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn's Blog!

Hello lovely visitors! I hope you like Funky Farm's Blog!

I hope to help brighten your day a little, put a smile on your face and maybe make you giggle!

I run an online shop selling gorgeous card making and scrapbooking goodies and I'm also very lucky to design projects for publications. I hope you enjoy your stop here and gain some inspiration! xXx







Tuesday, 12 April 2011

TLT - Celebration!

Seriously, whoever is making the weeks whizz by please STOP!!! Gosh, I can't keep up!! On the plus side, things are great at the moment, I had a lovely weekend out with my Mum and Grace on Saturday, we then had a BBQ at my parent's house on Sunday and it was wonderful! Very relaxing and we had a bit of a giggle! It's so nice to see Grace enjoying herself too!

This week it's Pam's challenge and she has chosen "Celebration" as the theme this week! Easy Peasy eh?!
I really wanted to make a wedding card using Bride Nikki but she's been AWOL since the show... I have a feeling she's in an important box upstairs that I've just thought about, will have to go and check in a mo! I was then stuck as I'd got a great idea in my mind for a wedding card. I eventually decided to make a little girls' Birthday card using Stack of Cupcakes Cupcake Cutie. Every Birthday a child has should be a celebration, with having a little one myself and with so many friends with children there always seems to be a Birthday coming up so I thought I'd make a girly card!

Sorry about the poor lighting - you can just make out the white dots on her pinafore dress!
I thought I'd give a punched edge to the card a go and I'm rather pleased with the result/effect.
Isn't this little cupcake cutie so deliciously cute?!? I used some of the MME papers - Stella and Rose Gertie (which are divine!!) some Bazzill Bling and some gorgeous May Arts Twill   the card is much brighter than in the photos, I took the photograph a little late and it was cloudy (grrrr go away cloud!) I've been itching to try out the white dotted effect but couldn't find my white paint pen anywhere (hmmmmm, a pattern of losing things/not being able to find things is occuring here - oops!) I did find it yesterday in my box of pencils (I was keeping it safe honest!) so got to work going a little overboard with the dots (very addictive!!)
I used some pretty Prima mini roses to finish the card off, inside I've used the "For a Special Girl" sentiment and when I know who the card will be for, I've left space for the age in the bottom right corner!

I hope as many of you as possible join in with Pami's challenge! It's such an easy theme so no excuses LOL!!!

Have a great week xxx


13 comments:

  1. I am loving that punched edge Hayley.. suits that little cutie to a tee..and the strip of stripey DP is fab to compliments the dots !
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley, love the punched edge too, and the striped paper, and the image, and the twill - love everthing about it then :) Glad to here Grace is well and having fun. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Hayley...I love the summery look to your card with the bright pp and cs. I agree the punched border is flab and I love the dotty pinafore...love my white gel pen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love that twill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Hayley! Lovin' that cupcake cutie with the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scalloped edge Hayley! Need to go and find my white gel pen too and give the dotting a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with cake on is a winner for me! The punched edge looks brill too. Glad you had such a relaxing weekend too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey cutie patootie; how ya doin'?

    Love the Cupcake Cutie and the super bright, fun paper. Great coloring too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you stop using that ribbon Hayley, I need some and I just cannot buy any more stash!!! I love your card, her little dotty dress is just too cute!! Love the colours and everything! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayley its just gorgeous, love the bright colours and that ribbon is to die for! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, loving the punched edge and the papers and the ribbon too, great colours!! Perfect for this little sweetie :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hayley, this is absolutely adorable. The papers are so summery and warm. Love the punched edge and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I love cupcakes in anyway they come. lol... On paper,on a card or those all time great ones....The kind you can eat. YUMMMMM! :O) Adorable I say. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments!